Monday, July 14, 2008

Little House in the Woods

This past weekend was our second girls overnight trip to the little house in the woods in Orange City, a town with much character and characters aplenty too. There is just something about being there in the Dome house, nestled in the woods, spending quality time with good friends, that recharges the soul. We laugh, stay up late telling stories and occasionally get scared by things that go bump in the night, knit and drink lots of coffee and laugh some more. This time we felt safer having brought one of Teresa's doggies along, but I was still prepared to make that mad dash for the car. It's just so quiet in the woods, your imagination can sometimes get the best of you.

We dined at the original Holiday House, which is really like stepping back in time...they have jello salads! The whole town just has that old Florida feel too it. The little book shop with cats was quite charming and we made it to the key lime pie shop this time....key lime pie on a stick dipped in chocolate..oh my!
I'm looking foward to going back already. I will remember these trips this summer as some of the most relaxing and rejuvenating good times with friends I've ever had. Everyone should have a little house in the woods to retreat to. Oh and a couple of funny things I discovered this past weekend. I'm not afraid to steal TP from the local establishments, but I do have quite a fear of muscovy ducks....but seriously, wouldn't you?!







1 comment:

Danielle said...

The picture by "Larry" is my favorite; Larry through the ages. Thanks for a great weekend,all!~