Thursday, May 8, 2008

'You are all I need'



We saw Radiohead on Tuesday night in Tampa...sold out show...the band played for 2 hours and was simply Brilliant! I could have listened for 2 more...luckily we'll be seeing them again at Lollapalooza in Chicago in August, so there's still a chance I'll hear 'Fake Plastic Trees' live once in my life. I must apologize to Thom Yorke, for kind of making fun of his eye thingee...it's apparently a birth defect that he's been trying to fix his whole life...sorry Thom, but I will not give him 5'5...there is no way he's taller than I am!

A few facts taken from imdb.com:
Date of Birth: October 7, 1968
Northamptonshire, England
Birth Name: Thomas Edward Yorke
Nickname: Dr. Tchock
Height5' 5¼" (1.66 m)
Trade Mark:
Frenetic head swivelling during singing
Trivia:
Thom has had surgery multiple times on his left eye since childhood. None of them have worked completely (obviously).
In February 2001, girlfriend Rachel Owens gave birth to Thom's first child, Noah. Daughter Agnes born October 2004.
Is a vegetarian.
Worked as an orderly in a mental hospital.
Drives a Fiat Punto.

I'm starting to see how people can get obsessed and follow a band around on their entire tour. This clip is the beginning of the show...part of which was missed as we were rushing back from the bathrooms...


1 comment:

mokidoku said...

You've got some great facts here tooty (hehe)! I had no idea about the eye thing (apparently haven't been google-ing the right things! ;) I can't wait to see them again! Maybe we can make a sign to hold up that says 'Please play Fake Plastic Trees and Wolf at the Door, Pa-lease!' Heck, it might work! ;) Can't wait!!! And I'm all signed up for everything for Coldplay - I hope we get lucky! ;) (will lady luck be on our side AGAIN! ;)